Thursday 7 August 2014

A Fight In My Mind...


A perfect knowledge of yourself you may have but on the streets just another stranger,
I walk these fields of lava taking steps towards grounds that hold,
As I let lose this fear-a prisoner of mine-I pray the sun never to rise,
Called to be a warrior, a soul destroyer and a hero of war;down I lay,
I lay in anticipation of my foe to march forward to meet my bullet for his slay,
Through this kiss I can taste the tongue of death and even share in its breath,
Yet souls I lay to waste pay my soul a visit to torment and castrate
The hero that lies within; to stop war is peace yet peace invites war,crossroads.

I fight with all my life, yet I have one life; maybe its time to walk away,
But a warrior who walks out on the flames of war loses identity and gains inferiority,
Is it better to stay put to the end till all stars fade to ashes and beauty empty walls?
Beyond doubt to my home I will return in body before soul for the land
To raise waters over the demise of a hero of war and a prisoner of torment,
Every bullet I ever fired comes back right back at me and death becomes my pillow,
The gongs from the pits so bottomless resound and call my name-should I respond?
Well, postponing death is still a date with demons, should I take an early date?

My horizons keep drawing closer and closer as this air keeps growing thinner,
Into oblivion my hope fades as gun shots make the beats to my favorite song,
I still breathe the air of the living but I dine, drink and dance with ghosts,
These ghosts find warmth in me and speak sweetly and softly to say, 'dance with me'
For the thousandth time through this tortured portrait I will tempt fate,
This is every man's crossroads but I go first to create a path beaten for you,
Behind I will leave diaries of cryptic entries as a guide to your feet,
At crossroads I will stand no more, towards the left I advance.


(c) 2014 Anduvate Ray Solomon

No comments:

Post a Comment