Saturday 30 August 2014

Below Under


I wasn't dead when they put pennies in my eyes and allowed the gone to sing my soul away,
When my eyes darted from side to side I saw paradise disappear and couldn't tell where
The angels had gone, caught between the harmonies of an evil angel and a righteous demon,
As my body tissues turned into ashes and my soul laid to rest what is left of my body,
My spirit landed in the dream theater but was told dreams aren't made anymore; they're won,
He then showed me a dance floor decorated with skulls and bones with blood dripping at the sides,
It was well lit under the light of the eclipse, the ambiance created was breath taking
Breathtaking much that I started suffocating as my lungs hang in by thread.

Then came my dance partner, the evil angel-with a killer smile that broke my ribs
And caused them to puncture my lungs and after coughing out blood the music started
I watched my shadow leave me and without a tear it did not say goodbye, these are real tears,
Before we could dance he struck my feet and both became an equal of two left feet hence
The rhythm I couldn't follow, the evens turned odd as the dance that was to save me was taken away,
One plea I copied was carry me to heaven's arms and when the light go out let forever drag me down,
Being the bridegroom of death these evil angels put me to sleep as righteous demons open their wings,
I could only whisper, strike my soul at the stroke of midnight-kill me tonight

Yes, though I prayed I had fallen prey, this was the night of a hunter yet I was in the fields,
Word goes round that when you dance with the devil you look him not in the eye
Laying there almost lifeless a symphony that calls forth death resounds in my mind,
I watched the evil angel walk away through the fire as I lay in bondage,
Though wasted I dare to prove that my sweat aint blood but its more than water,
Careless whispers of the day tests the prudent words of the night,
When in the devil's dance floor the first step you take you are half past dead,
The second step is for the devil and demons to celebrate another fallen soul


(c) 2014 Anduvate Ray Solomon

photo credits: www.thisiscolossal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment